Setting a Personal Identification Number (PIN) and preference allows you to control when channels can be added and when purchases can be made using your Roku player.
You can set the following preferences about the PIN:
- Always require a PIN to make purchases and to add items from the Channel Store
- Always require a PIN to make purchases
- A PIN is not required to make any purchase or add any item from the Channel Store
To create or edit a PIN in your Roku account:
- Log into your Roku account at my.roku.com.
- Click "Update" under "PIN Preference".
- Create or edit your PIN
- Select a preference
- Click "Save Changes"
If you opt to not use a PIN, you must agree to the important notice that appears.
What Does it Mean to Set a PIN?
- Setting a PIN and selecting the right preferences only affects your ability to make purchases or add a channel on your Roku player. It does not remove any channel logos or graphics from the Channel Store.
- Setting a PIN will prevent Roku from auto-installing channels to the home screen of your Roku player only if you select “Always require a PIN to make purchases and to add items from the Channel Store”. Setting a PIN and selecting “Always require a PIN to make purchases” will not disable auto-installation of channels.
If you forget your PIN, or would like to change it, just sign into your Roku account at my.roku.com and under "PIN Preferences" click "Update".