The Hotel & Dorm Connect feature will allow you to connect to other wireless networks (even secured networks), such as a school, business, or hotel.
Hotel & Dorm Connect is available only on the following Roku streaming player models:
- Roku 4 (4400)
- Roku 3 (4200, 4230)
- Roku 2 (4210)
- Roku® Streaming Stick® (3500, 3600)
- Roku TVs Currently on most Roku TVs. (Other Roku TVs will receive the Screen Mirroring feature in a future software update)- (software v6.2 and above)
Note: Hotel & Dorm Connect is not supported on Roku 1, Roku SE, or "classic" Roku players released before 2011
To use the Hotel & Dorm Connect feature, your Roku player must be on Roku’s software version OS 7.0 or later, which will be installed automatically during your initial guided setup, so you'll need to activate your Roku player or Roku TV at home before you travel.
Before you travel, make sure you have the following:
- Your activated Roku player, power adapter and physical remote
- Note: The Roku Mobile App does not currently operate as a remote replacement to enable this feature
- Ensure your Roku player software is updated to Roku’s software version OS 7.0
- HDMI® Cable
- A separate mobile device (phone, tablet, laptop, etc.) with wireless capabilities, and a web browser to authenticate sign in
Note: Content may be limited or unavailable to you while traveling as it may be geo-filtered by content providers.
Once you arrive at your destination and hook up your Roku player, follow the below instructions:
Step 1: Go to Settings>Network>Wireless (Wi-Fi®)>Set up new Wi-Fi® connection
Step 2: Locate your wireless network from the list of available networks.
After selecting your network, you'll see 2 green checks, and one red X next to "...the Internet".
Step 4: After you see the red “X”, the Hotel & Dorm Connect dialog box will appear.
Select “I am at a hotel or college dorm”.
Step 5: On your TV, you'll see a screen with instructions for you to follow using your smartphone, tablet or laptop.
Step 6: From your smartphone, tablet or laptop, go to wireless settings and select the wireless network in step 2 on your TV screen.
(Screens below are shown on a Samsung Galaxy S6. Your screens may vary.)
Step 7: Enter the password located in step 5 on your TV screen.
Step 8: After you enter the password and press “connect”, open up a web browser and enter the required information.
This information may be a room number, password, name or action that needs to be taken by the user.
*Wi-Fi® is a registered trademark of Wi-Fi Alliance®