|What to watch||Common questions||Product info and license||Instructional videos|
This article is applicable to the following models:
|Models||Roku HD (model 2000)
Roku XD (model 2050)
Roku XD|S (model 2100)
|Setup tips||Requirements for installation|
|Follow these steps to setup your Roku player||Show me the
Getting Started Guide
1. Connect to your TV
- For best picture quality, use a HDMI cable. Connect one end to the HDMI port of the Roku player, and the other end to an available HDMI input on your TV.
- To use the provided A/V cable, connect one end to the composite video (yellow) and analog audio (red/white) ports on the back of your TV. Match the other ends of the cable to the corresponding color ports on the Roku player.
- For model 2100 only, if you have a 3.5 mm to component cable, connect one end to the component video ports (red/green/blue) on the back of your TV. Connect the 3.5 mm end of the cable to the Roku player 3.5 mm component port. (Remember that that component cable provides video only, you will need to connect an audio cable, either composite or optical, for sound).
- Make note of the TV input used.
2. Power up key components
- Open the battery compartment and carefully insert the provided batteries into the slots, following the correct battery orientation.
- Power up the Roku player by connecting the provided power adapter to the Roku player and to an available wall outlet.
- Turn on your TV and select the correct TV input.
3. Connect to your network
- If you are using a wireless network, select "Wireless" as your network connection:
- Select your network from the list of available networks.
- Enter your wireless network password when prompted. (Note: passwords are case-sensitive)
- If you are using an Ethernet wired connection, select "Wired (Ethernet)" as your network connection.
4. Complete guided setup
- Get the latest software
- Your Roku player will let you know if there is a software update available, and will restart after the update is complete.
- Link your Roku player from any Internet browser
- A link code should be displayed on the TV screen after restart
- Using an Internet browser, follow the instructions to link your Roku player to a new or an existing Roku account.
|I don't see any picture
on the TV
|TV is OFF
Roku is OFF
Wrong TV input
|Ensure TV is ON (it's more common than you think)
Check all connectors are snugly in place
Check power adapter is snugly connected, and wall outlet is working
Select the correct TV input
|I can not connect to
|Weak wireless signal
Wrong wireless name
Wrong wireless password
Wireless name hidden
|Move Roku player location (even a few inches may help)
Ensure correct network name selected
Ensure correct password entered
SSID can be hidden, use "Add Network" from wireless network screen
|My remote does
|Not in line of site
|Get closer and ensure there are no obstacles between your remote and the Roku player
Try a fresh set of batteries