You’ll be prompted to create a Roku account during guided setup. A Roku account is free, but we do prompt you to put a payment method on file for your convenience. Roku’s vast selection of channels and streaming options mean you certainly will find something that piques your interests, and the ability to rent & purchase directly from the TV immediately without having to update your account on a computer is a big plus. Once you have a valid payment method on file, you will only be charged if you choose to make a purchase.
You can use the following as payment methods:
- Debit/Credit: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover Card
- American Express, Discover Card
- Visa Electron is not supported
You may add, change or remove your payment method on file at any time by logging in to your Roku account, and clicking “Update” under “Payment Method”.
Please keep in mind, the following features may be impacted if your Roku account does not have a valid payment method:
- You will not be able to make Channel Store purchases.
- You will not be able to rent/purchase from FandangoNOW Movies and TV Shows.
- You will not be able to make purchases or initiate subscriptions from Roku-billed channels.