How can I improve my wireless network signal strength?
posted this on January 28, 2011 17:37
Tips: You can skip this if your Roku player is wired to your router with an Ethernet cable.
If you are connected using wireless networking, check that the signal strength is at least "good".
To check your wireless signal:
1. From the Home screen, go to Settings>network and see what is displayed for "Signal strength"
2. If it is "good" or "excellent" you should be all set
3. If it is "fair" or "poor", follow the next steps
4. Move the placement of your Roku player and/or your wireless router to improve the signal quality
- The Roku player should not be recessed within a media cabinet, instead it should exposed in the open if possible - Try changing the direction the Roku player faces, you may have to experiment with various spots for optimal signal
5. Run repeat guided setup and note the dark bands above your wireless router name. This gives a visual indication of the signal quality.